It is quite common for an actress to dominate films in one language. It is uncommon for an actress to dominate in two, but it only takes an actress like Kajal Aggarwal to make her presence felt in the film industry of three languages!
Kajal Aggarwal is already the leading actress in Telugu and Tamil cinema and is now trying to make her mark in Bollywood. Here are some lesser-known things about Kajal Aggarwal for you:
- Kajal Aggarwal was born in Mumbai in a Punjabi-speaking family in 1985. No one from her family belongs to the film industry.
- Her father is a textile entrepreneur while her mother is a confectioner. Her mother is also her manager. Kajal also has a younger sister Nisha Aggarwal who has worked in both Tamil and Telugu films.
- Kajal Aggarwal is a Mass Media graduate with a specialization in Marketing. But since her debut in films, she had to hold back her dream of completing her MBA. Kajal hopes to fulfil her dream one day.
- Kajal Aggarwal made her debut in the Hindi movie ‘Kyun… Ho Gaya Na’ (2004). She made a cameo appearance as the younger sister of Aishwarya Rai, the female lead of the movie. But the movie did not do well at the box office and Kajal’s cameo was never remembered by the audience.
- Soon after Kajal Aggarwal shifted base to Telugu films and decided to try her luck there. Her Telugu debut was Lakshmi Kalyanam opposite Kalyan Ram in 2007. This movie too did not do very well at the box office.
- The year 2008 marked the turnaround for Kajal Aggarwal. Her movie Chandamama proved to be a box office hit and her performance was greatly appreciated. But lady luck was still eluding her. However, things were about to change!
- The year 2009 saw the release of the Telugu movie Magadheera where she was paired opposite Ram Charan Teja. Magadheera proved to be the highest-grossing Telugu movie of all time! It soon catapulted Kajal Aggarwal to the top rung! She never looked back after this. In 2011, Magadheera was released as Maaveeran in Tamil and here too it proved to be a huge hit cementing her position in the Tamil film industry.
- The year 2011 saw Kajal Aggarwal making her first Hindi movie in seven years after Kyun….Ho Gaya Na. This time she was paired opposite Ajay Devgn in the remake of the Tamil film Singham. The movie proved to be a tremendous hit at the box office and even won Kajal Aggarwal two nominations as a debutant in the Filmfare Awards and Zee Cine Awards!
- After the grand success of Magadheera, Kajal Aggarwal broke another record with the Tamil movie Thuppakki where she played a boxer. Thuppakki became the second Tamil movie to breach the Rs. 1 billion mark!
- Kajal Aggarwal has even lent her voice to one song. No, it is not in Telugu, Tamil or Hindi movies, but for the Kannada movie Chakravyuha Puneeth Rajkumar and Rachita Ram. Yenithu remains the only song rendered by Kajal Aggarwal ever.
- Kajal Aggarwal married entrepreneur Gautam Kitchlu in 2020. The two have known each other for over 10 years. Surprisingly, Gautam has no connection with films but met Kajal through common friends. The couple was recently blessed with a son named Neil.
Kajal Aggarwal is indeed one of the few actresses who has made her presence felt in cinemas of three languages. Here is wishing her tons of luck in the years to come!
Kajal Aggarwal is one of the few actresses who has worked in cinemas of three languages – Telugu, Tamil and Hindi. Here is more about her journey and some interesting facts about her life.